Steps for getting your Aadhaar card Using Virtual Identification Number : VID
Aadhar card is the very important thing nowadays and every person should be having their own Aadhar card. One can generate a different kind of important documents using the Aadhar card. This Aadhar card with 12 digit number will contain the data that will provide identification. But the data contained in the Aadhar number may get misused or get stolen so it has now been replaced using the virtual ID of Aadhar. You can easily make authentic transactions using this VID and you can also use the KYC services using this VID.
What is a VID?
The virtual ID is a temporary number which comes with a random 16 digit number which will be mapped with Aadhaar number. You can use this virtual ID for authentication purposes just like the way you are using the Aadhar number. You can also generate the residential portal of UIDAI using the aadhar virtual ID. Click Here to Know More About VID Number.
Download Aadhar card using VID number
Every Aadhar card holder will get VID using which they can easily generate aadhar card multiple times. It is much safer than using the aadhar number. So if you are generating it now then you can only be able to regenerate it after 24 hours of the first VID generation. This VID will not come with an expiry period and it will only get expired once you’re regenerating a new one.
Steps for generating Aadhar VID:
To download The Aadhar card by vid you need to generate it first and to generate it you need to follow below given 3 steps.
- At first, you will have to click the VID generator which will be present on the homepage of UIDAI that will fall under the services of Aadhar.
- Now you will have to enter the Aadhar number and the security code which is the captcha. Now the OTP will be sent on the number which is registered with UIDAI.
- Now you will have to enter the OTP along with the option which will help you to generate a new virtual ID. After the completion of the process, you will get a virtual id that will be sent on the mobile phone.
Download Aadhar card Via VID
- You will have to visit the website of UIDAI.
- Now you will have to go to other online services then click on Aadhar enrollment and select the preferred option from the other option.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page where you will get the option of download e-aadhaar with the help of VID.
- Then you will have to select the option of ID from the section of personal details.
- Then provide the Aadhar number or VIT or enrollment ID with full name, security code, and
- You will be provided with an OTP which will be sent to the registered mobile number and it will be of 6 digits.
- Now click on the button of download Aadhar.
Download E-aadhaar using Virtual ID
If you are opting to download the e-aadhar card then you should have the Aadhar number or the enrollment number which will be of 14 digits.
- Now you will have to visit the website of UIDAI.
- You will have to click on the button download Aadhar which will appear on the left side of the screen under the option of Aadhar enrollment. You will get this option under the menu of Aadhaar online services.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page.
- Now you will have to select enrollment ID or other option and click the ‘I have’ button.
- Now you have to enter the enrollment number or the Aadhar number depending on your choice or preference.
- Now you will have to provide your full name, pin.
- You will be provided with a captcha code which will come as an image code.
- Now enter your phone number
- Click the OTP button and you will be receiving the one time password on the registered mobile number. Now enter the OTP you have received.
- Now you will have to click the type of validate and download.
- Your Aadhar card is ready to get downloaded.
- Now the e-Aadhar card will come with the password which will consist of 8 characters. The first four will consist of the first four alphabets of your name and the last 4 will be the date of birth. Now you can easily print the pdf file.
These are the ways of generating your Aadhar card using a different kind of methods. Always opt for a secure way of transactions using VID.