- 1 What is URN Number in Aadhar Card – SSUP
What is URN Number in Aadhar Card – SSUP
Aadhar has become one of the most important documents one needs to possess to live in the country. The government expects its citizens to link the Aadhar to the documents and identities that pertain to revenue and other benefits a citizen derives from the society as a whole.
One needs to update their Aadhar not just for correcting the mistakes. When no action or linking of Aadhar to other documents have been noticed for a period of three years, then according to Aadhar UIDAI, the card is considered to be invalid. This is one solid reason why Aadhar needs to be updated.
There are three methods by which you can update your Aadhar card.
- Updating details online
- Visiting the Enrollment Centre
- Requesting a change of details via post.
Out of these three methods, the first method is considered to be very effective. The methods to update your details online are given clearly.
What is the URN number?
URN stands for Update Request Number. The URN number is the number that is generated after you submit a request for changes in the online portal. This number can be used to track the status of the detail change online. This eliminates the need for a person to visit the enrolment center every time to check if their request has been progressed. This method also assures one of the swiftness in catering to the needs of the people. Moreover, while visiting the enrolment center, for every change made, an amount of Rs 25 is charged. In digital India, when the digital services can be availed free of cost, this method is indeed the best one to prefer.
A time period has been fixed to make sure the people are not made to wait longer. This method also increases the transparency between the government and its people.
How To Get URN Number Of Aadhar Card Using SSUP Portal ?
When you are using the SSUP, make sure your Aadhar number is linked to a mobile phone in working condition. The operations are carried on after sending an OTP to the registered number for the authentication purposes.
Using the SSUP portal, you can also update details pertaining to your demographics. Every other single detail in the Aadhar Card can also be updated using this portal.
Once you have updated the details, you have to upload a self-attested scanned copy of the changed details.
When these actions are completed on the website, then you will receive a URN number. Note down this number safely.
One by one, when these steps are followed, then updating details on an online portal becomes a very simple task.
How to track URN Number & Status online?
The URN number is a 14-digit number. The number is sent to the registered mobile number as well as the mail ID. Visit ssup.uidai.gov.in
Step 1: The same SSUP portal needs to be visited. There is an option to check the URN status online. Click on that option.
Step 2: Enter the Aadhar number and the URN number. The details of the status of your Aadhar Card change are displayed.
Final Step: The updated Aadhar card would be sent to address you had listed in your profile.
These are the steps one needs to follow to check the status of their Aadhar card details changes online.
What to do when the website says URN number is incorrect?
The URN number is the only means by which we track progress online. When the website throws up an error saying that the URN number is incorrect, there are certain steps to be followed. They are listed below.
- Visit the SSUP portal
- Enter your Aadhar number
- Enter the URN number without any slashes Other wise portal will display the wrong urn number or incorrect urn number error. The URN number sent to you would be along with slashes. Try to remove those slashes and enter your URN number.
Type in the verification number to Know Aadhar URN Status
These are the methods to be followed. It shows the status on screen. When you are still not able to see the changes made online, then you can follow these steps.
- Visit the UIDAI Aadhar site and click on the Enroll and get Aadhar tab.
- Enter the URN number along with the date and time while updating the URN.
- When the screen says that your URN had been rejected and call 1947 for further details, you would have to make the required changes again to get a fresh URN.
- When you call 1947, the Aadhar officials would guide you in your local language to update the Aadhar.
- There are also at times when the Aadhar has already been updated but the URN might keep showing that it is invalid / incorrect. In such cases, you can check if the profile has been updated after the request before checking on the URN.
- The Aadhar generally takes 25 to 30 days to update your details. Only after that time duration, when you are not able to see the changes, you need to call 1947. Otherwise, it is suggested to wait for a while.
- When the processes are complete, one will get a message notifying that the changes are made. One might miss out on seeing this message. When attention is given to the details, unnecessary tension can be avoided.
- The Aadhar website takes some time to respond. It is also requested to make changes all at once using one URN number. There are a lot of cases where people make changes to a single detail using one URN, this ends up in multiple URNs’ for the same Aadhar card change.
Thus, it is advised that one can enlighten themselves on how to use the medium to avoid silly errors. The SSUP portal to update the data using the URN number is one of the simplest and the easiest method. Care should be taken to avoid silly errors.